Community Builders Task Force
Community Builders Task Force exists to eliminate racism in High Point by engaging residents through relationships and anti-racism education.
Community Builders is a grassroots initiative facilitated by YWCA High Point comprised of residents committed to the work of anti-racism. This group includes leaders who work with the City of High Point, nonprofits, faith leaders, foundations, High Point University, and in local businesses. Launched in the fall of 2018, the group creates education opportunities through a partnership with the Racial Equity Institute. Its goal is to help residents and leaders in High Point understand systematic racism and create racially equitable strategies.
Join us in committing to the work of anti-racism until injustice does not exist and until institutions are transformed.
Community Builders Task Force is working to:
- Fund, promote, and ensure key participation in anti-racism training through the racial equity and racial justice organizations. Our goal is not to train on diversity or bias, but to train on anti-racism.
- Initiate anti-racist conversations through webinars, podcasts, social gatherings, book clubs, breakout groups, lectures, newspaper columns and other gatherings to educate residents.
- Build a community working to make High Point become an anti-racist city.
- Bring structures and systems that perpetuate racism into the forefront of the narrative, instead of only individual actions.
- Educate the High Point community on the history, context, and narrative of racist ideas brought forward through local and national events and actions.
Task Force Initiatives