Healthy Beginnings is a personalized program for minority women and their children. The program seeks to help young women have healthy pregnancies and healthy children, and maintain a healthy lifestyle between pregnancies.
Who is Eligible:
- Minority Women who are pregnant and parenting
- Enroll while pregnant or during the 60 day postpartum period
- Continue in the program until child is two years old
- Women who live in the Greater High Point community including Archdale, Trinity & Jamestown
The Program Provides:
- Long-term, individualized support offered by YWCA staff that may include goal setting, transportation assistance, parenting support, and referrals to other community resources.
- Peer group education and support meetings where moms can meet and network with other women while discussing topics such as health and nutrition, relationships, motherhood, and career goals. Meetings include fellowship, food, and fun!
- Home Visitation utilizing the Partners for a Healthy Baby Partners for a Healthy Baby is a nationally recognized, research-based curriculum used by many home visiting models to improve birth outcomes, reduce rates of child abuse, increase intervals between pregnancies, strengthen families, enhance child health and developmental outcomes, and support family stability and economic self-sufficiency.
- Focus on Health and wellness through access to YWCA High Point’s Aquatics & Wellness programs.
This program is funded by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
The YWCA has provided opportunities, programs, and support that is specific to my needs.
I’ve never been to an organization that is more accommodating and friendlier than the YWCA of High Point.
Good swimming, good fitness, good friends.
It’s convenient, has a great atmosphere, and a great selection of programs for the amount of pay.
The YWCA is that place that is like a third home to me. The people are super friendly, super welcoming, and super caring. That is what really makes the YWCA a place I love to be.
Everyone I’ve come in contact with at the YWCA is genuinely nice and helpful. They are attentive to my needs and I always feel comfortable at the YWCA.
Along with the calm and pleasant atmosphere, the YWCA’s fitness programs that are offered have improved my overall health.
I only have the highest things to say about the YWCA. The facilities and programs have met the specific needs of my wife and I and the people know us by name. Overall, it has been a great fit for us.
The YWCA is convenient for me and my schedule. They are always consistent in their programs and always hospitable.
I appreciate the reliability and availability of their programs and amenities.