Are you located in Guilford County and looking for parenting support? Not sure where to turn?
Parents as Teachers builds strong communities, thriving families and children who are healthy, safe and ready to learn by matching parents and caregivers with trained professionals who make regular personal home visits during a child’s earliest years, from prenatal to kindergarten.
All children will develop, learn and grow to realize their full potential.
Parents as Teachers promote children’s optimal early development, learning, and health by supporting and engaging their families and caregivers.
- The early years of a child’s life are critical for optimal development and provide the foundation for success in school and life.
- Parents and caregivers are their children’s first and most influential teachers.
- Established and emerging research is the foundation for caregiver and family support curricula, training, materials, and services.
- All young children and their families deserve the same opportunities to succeed, regardless of demographic, geographic, or economic considerations.
- An understanding and appreciation of the history and traditions of diverse cultures are essential in serving families.
The Parents as Teachers (PAT) approach is to partner, facilitate, and reflect. We do this at every level of our organization, from a parent educator visiting a family in their home all the way to the work of the national center.
- We serve any parent of any gender and age, including teen parents.
- We provide:
- Monthly Home Visits
- Resource Connections
- Monthly Group Connections
- Programming specifically for teen parents enrolled in high school or GED programs.
- Services to one or multiple children ages 0-5.
About Parents as Teachers
The YWCA has provided opportunities, programs, and support that is specific to my needs.
I’ve never been to an organization that is more accommodating and friendlier than the YWCA of High Point.
Good swimming, good fitness, good friends.
It’s convenient, has a great atmosphere, and a great selection of programs for the amount of pay.
The YWCA is that place that is like a third home to me. The people are super friendly, super welcoming, and super caring. That is what really makes the YWCA a place I love to be.
Everyone I’ve come in contact with at the YWCA is genuinely nice and helpful. They are attentive to my needs and I always feel comfortable at the YWCA.
Along with the calm and pleasant atmosphere, the YWCA’s fitness programs that are offered have improved my overall health.
I only have the highest things to say about the YWCA. The facilities and programs have met the specific needs of my wife and I and the people know us by name. Overall, it has been a great fit for us.
The YWCA is convenient for me and my schedule. They are always consistent in their programs and always hospitable.
I appreciate the reliability and availability of their programs and amenities.